SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Meet Rina, Our New Baby

donna_loomis
5 years ago

Cat baby, that is. On Monday, she joined our gang of 6. She was found all alone in the street near a friend of a friend's mother's house. Skinny and scared. Rescued by someone with an allergy to cat dander, who posted a pic on FB. By coincidence, DH and I had been thinking of adopting a kitten (because we didn't think 6 were enough, LOL). The gal brought her to us on Monday night. We got her to the vet on Thursday. She was flea bitten, of course, and has an infection in her left eye and some noise in her chest. Vet estimated she is about 10 weeks old and malnourished. Got her meds, but the vet didn't want to give her shots while she was sick, so we go back in a week and a half for that. I can feel every rib and vertebra and she eats every morsel I give her. I want to give her more, but I don't want to make her sicker by overfeeding her.

It's hard to believe that she weighs a tad over 2 pounds. When I hold her, she feels more like she's a helium balloon, LOL. We've been carrying her to the litter box, which is at the other end of the house, but last night, we found that she was perfectly capable of finding her own way there.

Only one of the gang is still not sure he wants her here, but he's softening up.

Comments (53)