SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arc2v

Vinyl Plank wood-look flooring in bathroom

Anthony
5 years ago

I've read a bunch of the threads here regarding LVT but still didn't get a good feel for consensus. A lot of the threads were old or not specific to the bathroom. And not surprising, it seems to be manufacturer specific too as to quality.

We went by a Floor and Decor this weekend looking for wall tile but saw their selection of LVT stuff and I honestly had not considered that. They are claiming full waterproof at the seams, but the spec sheets are not showing what kind of loading (we have a heavy furniture vanity and iron clawfoot tub), or what the wear-layer thickness is.

We would like wood-look in the bathroom but obviously true hardwood and laminate are out. We found a porcelain wood-look we like that was only $5/sft or so for pretty big planks at my local tile shop, so that's the front runner.

But the project is way over time, so getting floors in fast will go a long way to letting me tile the shower, accent wall, etc.

So what are the thoughts on the LVT wood planks in the bathroom? Regrets, happy with the install?

Thanks,

Anthony

Comments (4)