SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
savannah_may

dark & yellow areas on monstera deliciosa leaves

Savannah May
6 years ago
Hi everyone!

I’ve owned my monstera for 2.5 years and I’ve never had any troubles with it. It’s been a great grower and super easy to care for. I moved last month and ever since then it’s been slowly yellowing on the edges and the growth has stopped. Last week it finally warmed up in CA, so I thought maybe it needed some warmth and I put it outside for an hour last week (not in direct sunlight, just under my porch) and the next day I noticed the dark areas on one leaf. I’m assuming the leaf got burned, even though it wasn’t in the direct sunlight?

I will also mention that last week I took out some of the old dry soil and replaced it with it new soil (a mixture of MG organic potting soil, peat moss, and perlite. Maybe not the best but It’s all I had on hand at the moment) and some fertilizer (osmocote plus for indoor/outdoor plants).

I’m no plant pro, so maybe I gave it too much fertilizer. Maybe too many changes at once?

I’m wondering if the leaf will repair itself or if I should be worried that something else might be wrong with it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Savannah in Northern CA

Comment

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer