SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_4279424670

Monstera Deliciosa young leaves turning yellow

Nicole R
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello all! I am not new to plants, but I am new to monsteras. I ordered online and received a very healthy young monstera last Wednesday (six days ago). I repotted it the day it arrived because it was in such a small growing pot for the amount of growth in it. The pot is only about 1.5" larger than previous pot. I mixed regular potting soil with succulent/palm soil for drainage. The pot has many holes in the bottom. It is sitting on my dresser by the window where it gets indirect sunlight from about 9 am to 4 pm, when I put the blinds down to filter the light. It has not sat in direct sunlight. It is not near heating or cooling vents. House stays around 70 - 75° F.
It did fine all week. It opened new leaves, stretched out after shipping, and looks generally happy. However, I noticed two small already existing leaves have started to turn yellow. None of it is drooping, though.
I had not watered it because it was still fairly damp. Could it be stress from shipment/repotting, a lack of nitrogen, or under watering?
I watered it just now with some plant feed in case it was under watering or nutrient deficient. I just want to prevent the rest of the leaves from turning yellow if possible. Thank you for any insight!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor