SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
indigorosette

Help-problem accessing & setting up new Chromebook due to Gmail issue.

Indigo Rose
6 years ago

I'm in the limited skills spectrum of all things tech, so I hope you can bear with me as I need help! I bought an Acer 14" Chromebook today and am frustrated to tears trying to be able to use it. The problem is that I want to use a gmail account I set up and used only very briefly around 9 months ago. I also have an older gmail account I haven't used for that long, either. I finally found my password log today and was able to access the older account on my Mac, but the password for the newer one isn't working when I tried to sign in on the Acer. (For reasons I don't want to go into I haven't been using any email all these months except for occasionally using my work email, which is not ok. ) The Chromebook set-up seems to be a gatekeeper - not allowing internet browsing it seems without an email set up. When the password failed it asked for the month and year I set up the account, and then required another email address I could access. Twice I tried to get identified by providing the older gmail account so a confirmation number could be sent to me- twice I sent back the number they submitted and each time it said I could not be identified. I sent the email back asking for help this afternoon but they did not respond and I don't know if they ever will. Can anyone offer me any help aside from opening an entirely new gmail account which I really don't want to do??

Also, when I googled gmail on my Mac to try to access the newer account to see if my gmail password would work that way, I didn't even have a chance as the older account pre-populated each time. Can't you have more than one account?? I hope this is clear enough to make sense. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (6)