SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Who said mango trees were easy to care for ? LOL

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Just thought I'd detail about how my latest job with regard to caring for my " easy to maintain " plantation of four mango trees went today ! This being the liquid copper fungicide spraying that I do twice each season, a week apart, - the first one around the time the tiny mango's reach marble size and no rain on the horizon,..so today looked like a good day !

Got to be dressed for the job ! Don't get to wear my hoody much, but it sure came in handy today !

The surgical mask is a necessity !

Got to get inside the canopy also, so as to spray the bottoms of each leaf as well as the top's !

Even the littlest new guy, the 5 ft tall Ruby Red Grapefrruit tree got a spraying today !! LOL

Job completed, even the rinse-off of my water proof work clothes !!

Wifey opens the rear door, " What the...? " I explain that I had to rinse off all my work clothes. She hesitates for a second,.." Well, OK,..but don't come in here like that ! ",..and the slams the door shut !

I instinctively looked to the right, like my favorite comedian Jack Benny would do in a similar situation. Raised eyebrows and a perplexed look on my face,..but alas, there was no audience and no laughter ! : )

Comments (13)