SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

Another rant alert..too much on my plate

PKponder TX Z7B
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

At work, we deployed new software and our director wanted everyone in the office for the past two weeks. My car has been needing repairs and is untrustworthy so I had to rent a car. Husband had a deadline that he was trying to meet and was very busy too. Suddenly my 12 hour Saturday and Sunday shifts became 16 hour shifts because of the long commute.

Then last Saturday afternoon, Jeff caught his left thumb in a table saw. He had surgery on Monday to amputate the end of his thumb because it was too mangled to repair. Obviously he won't be able to feel anything that he touches after he heals, but the surgery went well and there have been no complications.

He's been very hungry for a sick man :-) I feel like a short order cook and dishwasher! Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly and know that he can't cook for himself and I want to keep him fed and comfortable. He's thinking of the most difficult dishes for me to prepare, I am barely done with dishes before he's ready for the next creation. The stockpiled vegetable beef soup and leftover brisket in the freezer has no appeal to him. I wish he'd just eat a can of soup for one of his meals.

My neighbor who saves fall leaves for me texted on Sunday while I was in the office that I need to come pick up the leaves that she has for me and return her leaf bags. I picked up 22 bags yesterday, binned them and returned her bags, then she showed me about 16 more bags! I have no more bin room and if I just pile them on the ground, they will blow everywhere. We are bone dry here and nothing except placing them in a bin until I get a chance to mulch them will keep them down on the ground. I went out this morning and set up another temporary bin so that I can get those too. I appreciate her giving them to me rather than sending them to the landfill, but the timing is bad for me. She seemed oblivious to my dilemma.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get that off of my chest.

Comments (34)