SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Last Hurrah in L.A./Cruel World, then leaving L.A. for good

last month

Cruel World (tomorrow) is going to be my Last Hurrah for L.A., since our move will be happening May 20-22.
We have decided to drive to the festival - parking is $15, which is reasonable, and we will then have to take a shuttle to the festival. Kevin said this can take an hour, and so we have to plan for that. I think the first band we want to see is scheduled for 3 PM, and so we'll have to leave the house at 1 PM or earlier.
At first I did not like the idea of having to deal with the crowd, but now I have warmed up to it. I see this now as my final event in Los Angeles, and so we will go out with a bang. I have not warmed up to the idea of leaving L.A., but Kevin has made up his mind. We are pretty far along in getting the house ready to sell.

We just got back from Cathedral City this afternoon after a week of staying there and trying to get the house ready to receive everything that we will be bringing from L.A., which of course is massive. There have been so many logistics to this move that have been stressful for both of us. One of the biggest issues for me was getting rid of the massive, oversized bedroom furniture in Cathedral City (it came with the house, whether we wanted it or not) that I have been living with for the past five years.

It is Ashley Millennial, and I have no idea how old it is, but I would guess 2006 - I know it is not older than that because that is when the previous owners bought the house.

I sent photos of the furniture to a consignment store in Palm Springs, but they told me they were not interested in it, and so now I am going to have to figure out how to get rid of it. I had thought it had value because it is very well made (if ugly) and is in great condition. I am going to try to find out if Revivals Thrift Store would be interested in taking it off my hands.

Anyway, we have arranged for the movers to move this furniture out of my bedroom and into our front yard at the curb, and then we can have Revivals pick it up or offer it on Nextdoor for free - or maybe just hope that a scavenger will take it. If that does not happen, I will have to arrange for bulky item pickup to remove it for us, which seems like a waste for otherwise perfectly good furniture.

When we bought this house, one of the terms from the seller was that we would allow them to leave the furniture. There was another buyer who was interested in the house and had bid higher than we had, but they refused to accept the house with all the furniture. We did not care at the time because we did not have furniture to put in it, but now we do.

Later I will post photos of the move in progress (if I can manage), along with pictures of furniture that we are getting rid of and what we are replacing it with. I might also have some photos from Cruel World to post.

This is how I feel right now:

Comments (113)