SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darren_harwood

Delivery arrived!

Darren Harwood
6 years ago

Delivery! 10 new babies ! Will be planting later today. Excited!!!! #barerootroses #barerootedroses #bareroot #louiseodier #ferdinandpichard #absolutelyfabulousrose #

Comments (60)

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Oh Diane - no one can grow JC like you do!!!!! Unbelievable!!!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    6 years ago

Carol, I agree with you. Diane’s picture of JC is the best! Gorgeous and breathtaking.

• Related Discussions

I've missed YA'LL..glad to be back with Bluebirding friends!

Q

Comments (4)
    Thanks Lisa and Janie for the warm welcome back!! Janie, the next time you vacation with fellow bluebirders, count me in if there's room...in fact, it might be really cool to have a BB convention/get-together with forum members...First, I'd love to put a face with a name, and then be able to talk about our beloved blues without anyone being bored!!!! It's difficult to share stories, talk about baffles, mealworms, fledging, etc., with those who really don't care....most of my dear friends had never heard of mealworms and were pretty grossed out with my explanation...LOL!!!
    ...See More

Another NXR review

Q

Comments (4)
    As a first follow-up we had the new gas line run yesterday and the range is now in. After a few friends helped get it moved from the garage to the kitchen and I had time and better light, I found a handful of minor cosmetic fit and finish flaws. It's still better than I actually expected; if you're reading this considering an NXR just don't expect it to be absolute perfection. There's one tiny dot in the top vent (rear of unit) that looks like a small center punch like you do before drilling. There are also a couple of areas where there are abrasions to the stainless. A few small areas of lettering around the knobs lack clarity as if the paint is rubbing off. I have so far found nothing that causes me concern or would motivate me to send it back. All of the burners light and adjust beautifully. We actually haven't cooked on it yet since it was a late and hectic day yesterday. I've also tested the oven burner and it lights the complete "U" properly. So all in all I'm content at this point. The door works smoothly, I can't find any enamel chipping, and the overall build quality is good if not perfect. After some experience cooking with it I'll update this post further. Or, of course, if we experience issues and have to work with Duro/Adco.
    ...See More

Home deliveries

Q

Comments (16)
    That does seem odd. But giving him the benefit of the doubt, if he was running late (after typical office closing time) he might have thought he was doing you a favor by bringing it to the house. That we you get it that day and not the next day. I have a different beef with UPS. We live semi-rurally, also, and we have a gate at the street and dogs. Sometimes a driver will put a box at the gate and sort of hide it with pine straw. I'm fine with that. But sometimes it's something that requires a signature, and I have to wait at home/come home to wait for it during the designated time frame, and get/keep the dogs inside for the duration. (And it's always something for DH, who works much farther away so it's always me having to be inconvenienced, but I digress . . .) One time the time frame was 10-2, or something similar. I went down at 9:45 to open the gate and found a sticker that he had already been there. When I called UPS to complain, I was told that the time frames were just approximations, and that the delivery could be any time during the day. Then why put the stinkin' time frame boxes on the slip?!?! I kvetched enough that they agreed to have him come back by at the end of his route and leave it. Another time I waited at home for something that the sticker on the gate the day before said required a signature. The driver came toward the end of the 2-3-hour block and just LEFT IT ON THE PORCH WITHOUT KNOCKING OR GETTING A SIGNATURE! I was livid. Clearly he just wanted the dogs put up and the gate open so he could drive up and leave it on the porch rather than at the gate, and thought the best way to accomplish that would be to tell me I needed to wait around for a signature.
    ...See More

Whoopee it's cabinet day!

Q

Comments (7)
    Sjhockeyfan -it was rainy outside but sunshiny in by house. Sherri--what a memorable birthday for you! Your DH is a sweetie. Amck2- thanks. This day was a long time coming. That just makes it all the more special. Imgch- oh I feel for you! I hope when you see your cabs it will all be worth the wait! I wish you the very best! Stay busy this week so the time won't seem as long as you expect.
    ...See More
  • Darren Harwood
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Very kind, thank you Moses!

Oh my God - Diane! That’s a whopper !!! Mine will only reach 3 foot in the UK. You’re so lucky to have that beauty!! Well grown !!

thanks all xxx

• witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago

I also loved the show as much as the rose. Patsy was hilarious. I'm not sure if it's named after the show, but I think of Patsy every time I see it. Mine bloomed it's head off right up till winter.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Thanks Carol, Kentucky, and Darren! I know Carol has seen a lot of these photos, but I couldn't resist. Darren, ya never know---you might grow a 6 footer. I actually have another Julia Ab Fab that's bigger than the one in the photo. Good luck with your new roses. With your enthusiasm, you are going to have an ab fab rose garden. Diane

My Biggest Julia

Darren Harwood thanked nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
  • Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    6 years ago

What a beauty

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Witchy, the rose Absolutely Fabulous is absolutely Julia Child, just under the Ab Fab name in the UK (I hope I'm not telling you something you already know--I couldn't tell from your post above. Please straighten me out.). Diane

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Diane - so how many car crashes do you have in front of your house per day? Fabulous!!!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Thanks, Carol. No crashes that I know of. Diane

• Darren Harwood
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you, Di.

I don’t think I’ve seen a more beautiful rose shrub in my life, than yours, D!

W O W !!!!!!!

What a show-stopper!!!!!!

D xxx

• perennialfan275
    6 years ago

Nanadoll out of curiousity is that ebb tide or twilight zone growing beside it (or some other purple rose???) I absolute love the color combination of the roses with the centranthus ruber (red valerian/jupiter's beard/etc). Have you ever considered cutting back Julia a little to let the purple rose get bigger (or maybe the purple variety just isn't as vigorous)? It looks like Julia is crowding it out a bit. Anyways, I wish my gardens looked half as good as yours.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    6 years ago

I had no idea it was also called "Ab Fab " I thought it was just shorthand and just described the rose ! Haha you always learn something here . Diane if you would spill your pruning secrets please . All your shrubs are perfectly perfect!

Darren I agree , your enthusiasm is contagious and I'm really looking forward to your photos ! I don't know about videos . Are you on Instagram, you could do that there ? And link to your page

Darren Harwood thanked Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
  • nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Darren, you are so nice! And I'll bet your Julia will do beautifully under your care. I treat all my roses exactly the same, but they do get plenty of water through a drip system and sometimes a spray down with the hose end sprayer. I read somewhere on this forum that the best fertilizer for roses is water--I think it was Erasmus (Linda from Long Ago Roses) quoting the owner of Witherspoon roses.

Perennialfan, the rose you see is Twilight Zone, and it's not being crowded. Ebb Tide is a little farther back.

I'm not expert on pruning, Lily, and I don't think I have any secrets, but we all can talk about pruning a bit on the seasonal thread if you like. I think that would be a good subject, and Cori Ann is the pruner par excellence for sure. Diane

Julia and Twilight Zone

In the far background is a rose called Ascot.

• perennialfan275
    6 years ago

I see. Wasn't trying to be rude. From the angle of that picture it just looked so small compared to Julia.

• Darren Harwood
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Lily finch and Diane -

Aw thanks! You’re lovely girls.

Thats a great idea re: Instagram linking vids to here.

Feel free to give me a follow and i’ll Follow back.

Have a super Sunday everyone!

Love, D xxx

My instagram : avantgardelover

6 years ago

Darren , I didn't have any photos on Instagram of my pug Oliver. He was before Instagram days. He was so so sweet, I think was 9 when he passed. Poor thing slowly became blind , then rapidly then deaf and it was all downhill from there. He was always the best cuddler.

They were the sweetest together ! Now we have a cavalier and the bulldog , but the bulldog is old and isn't much interested in the cav . Enjoy your sweet Ava ! I miss those snorts and cinnamon bun tails

• witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago

Diane yes I knew. I ordered it under the name Julia, but I like calling it ab fab, because I'm a fan of the show. lol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Lily, they are beyond adorable--so cute it hurts. I just wish our pets lived a little longer. Diane

• Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

Hi Darren. I’m posting this here, because I don’t want to get into the “hot debate” over on Antiques, in your other post. I noticed you said you wouldn’t be posting anymore pictures. I REALLY hope you don’t mean you won’t be posting pictures of your own rose garden, as it comes along. I’ve enjoyed getting to know you a bit, and I’m excited to see your beautiful garden grow. (Especially my/your beloved ‘Louise Odier’) English gardens always have such a special charm, that we in So CA can rarely if ever achieve. My eyes just crave seeing all that green! You have a beautiful space to work with, and I hope you’ll continue to share with us. I’d sure miss your photos, and I’m sure many others would, as well. xxx Lisa

Darren Harwood thanked Lisa Adams
  • Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

Imagine that! That’s exactly why I started gardening! I don’t mention it often, but I’ve struggled with it since I was a teenager. Being outside really helps me a lot! Gardening gives me a reason to be outdoors and do something physical. Just cutting blooms and bringing them indoors helps lift my spirits when I’m stuck inside with my MS. I totally understand! Gardening is my best therapy! xxxLisa

6 years ago

Yes to all Lisa said . And I totally feel the same about my own depression.. not easy to open up about but being in the garden provides me great relief from it . As well as having friends here , as being a sahm is awfully isolating . Darren I love your enthusiasm and look forward to your posts !

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Wow, I've also suffered with depression all my life. How odd that there are so many of us. I'm on anti-depressants, and I feel great most of the time. My children have also suffered from depression. I'm glad that we all have our gardens to calm us. :)

Carol

Darren Harwood thanked rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Carol .. I've tried them once and thought maybe I would try again. But the one I tried made me feel like a zombie! And made me yawn a ton . I mean , a ton ! I'm trying to push through it . Prayer helps obviously but I wish it would just quit plaguing me . I'm sure others feel this way too

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Celexa is what I use. :)

Carol

• witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Lilyfinch I'm the same. When I have the roses I feel like I don't need any meds. I was on Paxil years ago, and it fixed some of my phobias, but I would only recommend it to people with severe phobias. The withdrawal, even weaning off slowly, was horrible. Recently (the last year) I was put on Celexa. It worked great at first, but I had to stop taking it a little over a month ago. I was gaining weight like crazy, and my skin was kind of numb. It does seem to have fixed a lot of things. I took chantix years ago to quit smoking years ago, and I suspect it damaged my dopamine receptors. I actually think the Celexa repaired it. I had forgot what a good sleep felt like, and had not dreamed much at all. I sleep so much better, and remember dreaming sometimes now. If you ever do want to give meds a shot, I would try Celexa instead of the newer med of the moment they are always pushing.

Carol I missed it while typing about Celexa... we must be reading each other's minds. lol

Darren Harwood thanked witchygirrl6bwv
  • Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

Sorry Darren, I know we’re going off topic here, but this is one of those things that many suffer with, but not many talk about. I’m glad you bought it up! I come from a loving family, that “hushes it up”, even though it runs rampant on my fathers side. I’ve been through many medications, some worked, and some didn’t. Some had such intolerable side effects, I couldn’t stay on them long enough to find out. As a nearly lifelong sufferer of depression, one thing I’ve ALWAYS found to be true for me. Once my Dr. and I finally find a medication that works for me, I have about 5-8 good years with it. After that, it slowly stops working, and the search begins again. Apparently, I’m not the only one, because when I mentioned this to my Dr., he had a name for it. Of course, I’ve forgotten what it was, but maybe something like “antidepressant burnout”. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but some people with chronic major depression experience this phenomenon. It’s a real pain in the you-no-what to find a new medicine that you can tolerate and will let you feel like yourself again. It’s worth finding the right one, though, if you need it. There’s no shame in getting help. If something doesn’t work for you, keep trying. If something works, and then stops working, it’s time to talk to your Dr. about finding a new medication. Some need them for a short time, some get through it without meds, and some(like me) need to stay on them, or it will return in a few months. Not everyone needs the meds, but for those of us that do, they can literally be lifesaving. It’s a hard subject for many to talk about, but it shouldn’t be. Nobody is embarrassed to admit they have some other condition, why should this be any different? Ever wonder why you see so many commercials for new antidepressants? There’s an awful LOT of us out there. I’m thankful they keep making new ones, so when one stops working, there’s something else to try. Some rose lover might read this sometime and not comment. That’s ok, but know that you’re NOT alone, you’re NOT weird, and there IS help out there. Lisa

6 years ago

Such good advice Lisa. Just for people to know that they are not alone in whatever they're facing whether it be depression whether it be Vertigo whether it be MS or dementia we're all here for each other and I find a lot of comfort in that. Knowing that there are people who really do care and I think that is something important for newcomers and old comers alike to know.

Darren Harwood thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
    6 years ago

Wow, Darren congrats on your new arrivals. I can imagine your excitement ,oh boy, love that feeling. I just got mine like 2.5 weeks ago. My very first order.

Nanadoll, I love your roses. They are so beautiful. How do you get it bloom so many. I see about 100s on your first pics and that is just on left side. Oh my goodness. They are gorgeous, gorgeous , Gorgeous :)

Lisa, omg, I felt so stressed out. I felt same way as you.i email you..lol

Sorry , Darren, pls don't stop posting pics. I could have and most likely done same exact thing as you. I can't believe I saw that at 3 am when to work and came back, it exploded.

I was checking your profile and saw your remarks. Reading your thread leads to this. So, where am I at? I never saw this thread on Antiques so I read all .

I am at organics ? I won't know where I end up from antiques . Anyone can msg me so I know

Thanks.

Jin

Darren Harwood thanked Plumeria Girl (Florida ,9b)
  • rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Witchygirl - funny we were both writing the same thing. :)

Lisa and Kristine - right on!

• fragrancenutter
    6 years ago

Goodie Goodie, how exciting!

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Hey Darren :) yes, gardening can help us rise above, because it focusses on the here and now...instead of our living in the past or the futre...we are in the now, surrounded by sun, scents and textures. :) I love being a rose gardener!!! :)

Carol

Darren Harwood thanked rosecanadian
    6 years ago

After reading l the above and I feel so emotional. I am still mourning over my niece who passed away in Dec 9th 2017. She was 27 years old who was going through depression. I wish I could have help but no one knew until it was too late. She did go for therapy and got meds. But nevertheless, she still did it anyways. So, reading all you guys just got me very shaky. I only told Lisa. I was so bummed during holidays. Never been in such situations ever in my whole life. Just day by day.

My sister told a photographer to take down an article about my niece on his FB. He had tons of pics of her. I like the article but not my sister . It was a very good educating Young's girls and boys. It has all to do with reputation as far as my family goes. High status plus her older sister is a top psychologist in Singapore. So, everything is upside down and nothing is the same.

All is done and good. Just talking about Meveen, somehow, this thread kinda open my eyes more of my surroundings. It is happening more and more.

Anyways, I am going to work all day in my yard over my weekend. I hope it comes out great. That way, I can enjoy the blooms and also spend more time in my backyard , maybe at my Patio.

Ok, I did not check Houzz yet but I notice I was on house with Darren' s name. I have not got a chance to look which site I am on.

Jin

• witchygirrl6bwv
    6 years ago

I wish my twilight Zone was a fraction of Diane's. It definitely did the sleep last year, well... the black spot coma. Hoping it takes off. The purple was just perfection.

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Jin - how sad. :( Terribly sad. Maybe you could plant a rose in her memory?

Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    6 years ago

Jin, I am very sorry to hear about your niece, and I hope the passage of time will heal a little of the hurt. I think Carol's idea is a good one. You could have a small memory garden in honor of your niece right in one of your own new flower beds.....I hope you get lots of gardening done this weekend-I'm sure it will make you feel a bit better. I'm not sure if I understand your question about where you are, but this thread is on the Roses Forum. So you are on the Roses Forum--not the Antique Roses forum. There are a number of other rose related forums, too.

Witchy, Twilight Zone is a slow starter (for me, anyway). We had a terrible winter last year, and lots of roses had cane canker in the spring, including TZ. So he'll be having to regrow a few canes. Here's wishing for a good year for your TZ.

Darren, I hope you had a good sleep and will have lots of good gardening this weekend. Thanks for letting us do all this hijacking of your thread. Maybe we should start a "Gardening for Well Being" thread, or something similar. I totally agree that a good workout in the garden does wonders for my mood, and can really change my outlook on life in just a few hours. It's cheap therapy, and we get lots of beauty as a an extra. You could visit the seasonal thread (winter), too. Lots of discussions there on all topics. Diane

• perennialfan275
    6 years ago

Lilyfinch I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I hope his passing was peaceful at the very least. I lost a cat a couple years ago so I do sympathize. I never realized how much she loved me until just before she passed. I knew I meant a lot to her, but I never knew just how strong our bond really was. I was on vacation with my family for a few weeks, and the day after we got home she passed. When we got home from our trip my sister informed me that she'd been having a lot of problems while I was on vacation and wasn't sure what would happen, but even with all her suffering she somehow found the strength to wait for me to get home so she could say goodbye. Not a single day goes by that I don't think about her. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get another cat after seeing her suffer so much. It would just be too much to have to go through that again.

6 years ago

Nanadoll and Carol, I am doing a little garden' as a matter of fact I came across a rose that sounds like her name but I can't grow it here called Melvern rose. Sounds like my niece name Meveen. It is yellow and her one of favourite colours.

Yes, I am doing colours team of her favorites colours.

I am getting Ebb on March 4th. I can't wait for it. I love purples colours that is deep and rich. I will get twilight also but I need it on Fortuniana rootstock so far Ebb is the only one maybe if i can't find it. I will get own roots.

Jin

6 years ago

Jin, I am so sorry for the loss of your niece. What a heartbreaking loss for you and your family. I pray that you will be able to find some peace. I think the level of grief is in direct proportion to the level of love.

Yes, for all of the work, gardening is great therapy.

When I go out first thing in the Morniing Iam always reminded of that old song:

I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses

And he walks with me and he talks with me and he tells me I am his own

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Kristine - I've heard the 2nd part, but not the first part of the song. That's lovely!

Perennial Fan - Two of my dogs died a year ago. I think about them every day too. My one dog (female) actually visited me after she died. She would always nudge my arm with her wet/cold nose when I was reading...she wanted pats. So I was reading a book a few months after she died....and as I was deeply engrossed in the book...I felt a cold wet nose on my arm. :)

Jin - Why can't you grow Malvern Hills? You're in a really warm zone....

Carol

• Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

I read many of the comments here late last night, when I couldn’t sleep. I too, felt emotional and connected in way that is special. I began to type twice, and then deleted my words. I was “wordless”, just absorbing it all.

Darren, my heart goes out to you. I was married to man who grew up in a similar situation, and his pain was incredible. I think just the fact that you were able to share that with us, shows that you’re on the right path.

Jin, you know how I love you! I’m glad you were able to share about Meveen, here. You’ll always miss her, I know. I think being angry with someone for “leaving”, is very normal. Just try to remember that she was so ill, that she wasn’t able to think straight, or make rational decisions. Her illness was in charge, not her. That’s why it’s SO important to get help when you need it. Sometimes it’s hidden so well that no one sees it coming, not even a Dr., let alone family.

The loss of a beloved pet, how difficult! I’m sorry! I’ve been there before and I’ll be there again. Sebastian is about 12 and little Millie has a short life expectancy. It’s not just the birth defect that required the removal of her hind leg, but her organs are also defective. She’s always got a runny nose, and can be heard breathing from across the room. Yet, she lives each day to the fullest. She’s joyful and brings joy to everyone she meets. She was meant to be put down, but my son couldn’t stand it. Now every day she lives is a bonus. She’s taught me a lot!

We’ve talked about starting a thread about “Therapy Gardening” before. Why haven’t we done that? It looks like there’s enough interest, to me:) Lisa

How’s that for a happy photo? She’s enjoying every single day she’s alive, 3 legged and all!

• rosecanadian
    6 years ago

Lisa - she has such pretty eyes!! Good thing that you've given her a loving family. :)

Carol

6 years ago

Carol, I read about it and I am uncertain Bec Kim has it and rosefolly too. I don't have space for a rambler that can goes to nearly 30 feet.if it is a bush yes. But I don't see any unless I am looking at wrong place. But I am getting tons of other roses for her.

Kristine, I don't recall that song but if I listen to it , I might remembered.

Anyway, let's talk happy thoughts.

Have you guys saw Roseseek put up a beautiful article something to do with single rose. It is actually a thread on Antiques. It is better than encyclopedia. Check it out. I been reading it over and over

And I got new one last night...lol.

I told Stephan, it is great and now I am reading over just to make sure I got it all. Full if history and full of pics, omg. This is so cool. Love it, love it, love it.

Jin

• Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

I haven’t read that yet Jin, but I plan to. I may have to wait until after this weekend. I’m so swamped. I can only do a little at a time, but it all adds up, right? Every time I take a short (or let’s be honest here, long:) break from pruning or weeding, I see what’s new on these forums. They’re sure great for gardening breaks, aren’t they?

Yes Carol, she gets plenty of love. That’s for sure. My son is away on a fishing trip, so I have Millie “spending the night at Grandmas”. I have no grandchildren, but my son calls himself her “Daddy”, and has informed me that it is NOT appropriate for me to refer to myself as her “Mommy”. So “Grandma”, it is. That’s fine, I’m not really thinking I’m quite ready to be a real Grandma, yet. As long as Millie comes to visit me, they can call me great great great grandma for all I care:) I sure love that little girl. Lisa

6 years ago

So much to write here.. but just want to hug you all ! Jin I'm so sorry for your loss ... I wish I had good words to say but I do not . Darren , my heart aches for you , as I know the hurt fathers can inflict and while we may never know each other's experience I also extend a hug ! Diane and perrenial fan , Carol and Lisa our animals can touch our hearts so much deeper than we realize! kristine , I need to look that up and wouldn't it make a lovely plaque in the garden ? I really love that :)

lisa , great pic of Millie ! She's adorable.

I love you all here and am so thankful for my garden friends ! We all bring something to the "potting bench ". :)

6 years ago

Lilyfinch, I am sorry about your loss Olivia. And anyone who lost a pet. After all they are like a family members. I lost a few too.

Thank you everyone for your condolences and sympathies. But I am taking step by step.

Lilyfinch, it is okay. I am having trouble to talk to my sister also. It is extremely difficult to talk about anything. So, we decided not to bring her name up and if we do she just breaks down to tears. Giving her some space until she is ready to talk. So far I talk to her 3 times (5 mins most) where we used to talk daily and for hours.

Time will heal.

But thank you , all you Rosarians. I truely appreciate deep down my heart.

I just don't want anyone to be in that boat. That is why I brought her up and I am extremely quite as not talking about my personal life.

A little about Meveen.

She is beautiful girl who loves to dress up and applied makeup. Yes, she is very wealthy but very kind , helpful. She is brought up with tons of love. A graduate from Singapore University with a degree. She is always laughing and joking with great personality.

Falling in love with a guy who is very abusive mentally and physically cause damage to her. She was madly in love to a wrong guy. And about to marry him.

This is a deleted post that I took a screen shot. The post was taken down.

It is by a top photographer in Singapore.

Jin

6 years ago

Jin , there are no words, only love and hugs for your wounded heart.

Here is the full first verse of

The Garden

I come to the garden alone

While the dew is still on the roses

And the voice I hear falling on my ear

The Son of God discloses

And he walks with me and he talks

With me

And he tells me I am his own

And the joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known

I have wanted to do a series of garden path markers with parts of the song on them

Too bad I have no winding path

• boncrow66
    6 years ago

Jin, I am truly sorry for the loss of your niece, Meveen, she sounds like she was a beautiful person inside and out and I know it's been devastating to your family to lose her in that way. You are very brave to share all of this with complete strangers but sometimes that's the easier thing to do. You are absolutely correct that time will heal. Your sister has lost her daughter and I can't imagine how that feels so keep being there for your sister and she will get through this with your love and support. My husbands best friend committed suicide and it was a horrible thing for his family and friends, we still miss our friend everyday and it's been 10 years. The hurt is still there but over time it's not as intense and I hope that will be true for you and your family.

All of you on here are brave for opening up about your depression and I'm glad we all find some kind of peace in our roses and gardening. Thank you all for sharing your stories, I think it's helpful to know we aren't all alone in how we feel.

6 years ago

Kristine, that is a great great idea to put a series of garden paths. I love that idea and it is different. My garden has no paths...lol

Boncrow, thank you. I am sorry about your husband ' s best friend. 10 years still seem like yesterday.

It is very hard to put and write. I deleted many, many times. It took me at least 2 hours to write. It is very hard and difficult to open up but thank you. All of you, thank you :)

Jin

6 years ago

Jin - she is absolutely beautiful... I'm so sorry and truely hope you find comfort . I wish I could hug you :)

• Lisa Adams
    6 years ago

I’m sorry, boncrow, very sorry. Hardly anyone is unaffected by depression and/or mental illness in some way, be it family, friends, coworkers, or themselves. SO widespread, yet so “hushed up”. ????

Jin, I love you, dear friend. We’ve become close so quickly. We “met” just when we both really needed someone to share life’s joys and sorrows. Hang in there, you’re doing great! Lisa