SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Home deliveries

11 years ago

What's your thoughts on home deliveries and signing for them and delivery location?

Yesterday I filed a complaint but now I'm feeling guilty. I do a lot of online shopping since we're in a rural area. I have some things delivered to our home and some to our office (1 1/2 mile away) depending on where it will be used, where I'll be and if I think it will need a signature (never know). Yesterday, via tracking, I knew that an item was out on the truck for delivery to our office. I kept checking the status online. I waited around until 6:15 pm, about the time the driver had delivered a package a few days earlier. I thought he might need a signature.

I finally went home and found the package sitting by the front door in full view (it was a large box 3.5' x 4.5'). He could have at least put it in the garage. We order enough that the drivers know where both locations are.

Now I'm feeling guilty that I complained. But what good is a delivery address if they don't use it? I'm trying to decide if I was justified to complain or becoming a crotchety old lady.

Comments (16)