SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pete_in_ar

Another NXR review

pete_in_ar
10 years ago

Since I relied on information in this forum to inform my decision to purchase the NXR 30" natural gas range (item DRGB3001), and since in general there wasn't a great deal of review information out there, I want to add my experience.

I just took delivery today so I'll update this as the install happens tomorrow, as we begin to use it, and if any issues arise.

We ordered from AJ Madison and perhaps this isn't the place for a review of them, but since I saw some horror stories I'll say that they did fine for me. A little slow to process the order but otherwise good.

It came via HomeDirect USA, another source of Internet horror stories. Again, a little slow but nothing like I saw from some people. It took about a week to get moving at all then got from NY to Arkansas in a few business days. They were, if anything, overly communicative regarding the delivery and arrived at 9:15AM for a scheduled 9AM - 1PM delivery window.

The box was the most undamaged shipment I think I've ever received. It was well-packed inside, with multiple layers of cardboard and foam to protect the range itself. The box sat on two pallets with a third on top.

The range appears to be in perfect shape. I have photographed every conceivable side and angle, especially the enamel interior, in case issues arise; I want to be able to show that any damage wasn't there from the beginning.

My first impressions of the range itself pretty much match other reviewers here. It's a huge step up from anything I've used before. The fit and finish is a little better than I expected but certainly not perfect, though I'll say that the seams on the top are pretty well done. It feels sturdy and looks like a piece of commercial equipment.

As I said, I'll be back with more review information once the installation is completed.

Comments (4)