SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sonya_thomas_gw

NXR Range - just installed and enamel is chipping

sonya_thomas
10 years ago

Urghhhhhhhhhhh! We labored over choosing a pro style gas range that was affordable, and rolled the dice with the NXR. Lost the bet on this one. We purchased the range from Costco. The first one arrived beat up. Costco exchanged it with no issue (other than me losing 2 days of work . . . one for the initial delivery and one for the exchange). We went over the second one with a fine tooth comb. Everything looked great. Installed it last week, and after the first use of the oven, the enamel is chipping. I read in other reviews that this was a problem for some folks. The positive reviews seemed to outweigh the negative. Not sure what to do. I am already out the $ on the initial install. Now will have to pay to have it removed, hauled to Costco and pay again to have another range installed. Any $ that was initially saved with this purchase is fast going down the drain. I am having a real dilemma. Do I keep this range and hope/pray the enamel is only chipping in a small area that at this point does not seem risk falling into baking food? Do I try another NXR since Costco has a great return policy (even though it is now a HUGE and expensive hassle to exchange it for a new one?) Or do I return it for a full refund and and go with a completely new brand? If so, what fits the bill for a pro looking and economical gas range? I am considering the GE Cafe (more expensive and don't love the looks), the Kitchenaid Architect Series (a little less expensive than the the Cafe, but agin, don't love the looks) or a Bertazzoni (love the looks but have not done a ton of research on quality, plus not sure if I can find one for under $3500.00).

I would love any feedback, advise and/or suggestions on what to do, and if I end up with another brand or range, what should it be?

Comments (4)