SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

I've really missed it here and I didn't realize it.

polly929
6 years ago

I joined GW back in '07 when my DH and I bought a 100 year old fixer upper that needed every room renovated/restored. We had 2 toddlers and 2 full time jobs and we were totally in over our heads. Facebook was not popular yet, and social media was in it's infancy. It was the era where we all still had little flip phones and never really used them. I would log on my old laptop each night looking at all of the kitchen befores and afters. Gathering inspiration and pinning things before there was Pinterest. During those years many in here became my "imaginary friends." It was my escape from those tough toddler years while renovating an old house. I learned so much about many of you and felt like I knew you. I didn't post much, I tended to just comment more. It took me forvever to figure out how to upload photos from photobucket, remember that? Lol! In those 10 years we added a 3rd child and year by year renovated a room a year mostly all DIY. In 2017 we nearly finished each room. Our last unfinished project was the laundry room. Our children grew from toddlers to teens, and life just got so busy. I've been thinking of the old gardenwebbers over the last few weeks and today a 10 year old thread was resurrected and I received a notification in my inbox. I opened it and read through it and realized just how much I missed this place. So if you took the time to read through my long post, I'm popping in to say hi to all my old imaginary friends. I've really missed you. Our last project, the laundry room is on hold for now as I'm currently battling cancer, God willing I will beat it and when I do, I will finally be able to share all my before and after photos of my house, ha! It only took 10 plus years. Until then would you all just say a little prayer for me? Thanks my old imaginary GW friends.

Comments (60)