SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiequsie60_gw

Didn't realize I'd have to pick PAINT right now!

SusieQusie60
12 years ago

Help - I actually didn't realize I'd be picking my paint color at this point in the process. For some reason, I thought that was one of the last things I'd do. But, my builder just told me that sheetrocking would be done this week, and then he'd like to paint before the cabinets go it. I guess that does make sense. (He said he could do it afterwards if I want to wait on the paint color, but it would be faster/easier/better if they did it now.)

So, here I am looking at making a quick decision. That might be better for me considering how long I tend to anguish over and second-guess all of my choices...

I have very, very little wall space in the galley part of my kitchen to be painted. The majority of it is the sink wall, where there will not be upper cabinets, only some shelves. Then, in my breakfast room, which I've said many times I'm trying to make more a part of the kitchen, there is a good amount of wall space to be painted.

I have thought about using wainscoting because I like that country look - that would be just in the breakfast room because there really is nowhere in the kitchen for it to go. I also have the vaulted ceiling in the breakfast room. My cabinet colors are a creamy off-white (the majority of them including a large floor to ceiling hutch/bar in the breakfast room) and a sage green (the open shelves, a narrow hutch in the kitchen, and my peninsula in the breakfast room.) My appliances are SS, and my countertop is a dark (I think it might be Labrador) leathered granite. My hardware, faucet and pendants are ORB, and my sink is Blanco silgranit (biscuit? - don't have the name right in front of me at this moment.)

I really don't know where to even start! Don't know what color family to think about! Help please? Thanks - SQ

Hmmmmm - the Sage with coffee glaze is shown here, but not the Chesapeake with coffee glaze...that IS what I ordered.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colors

Comments (8)