SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanrod

Help with ceiling paint color, suggestions please.

Joan Rodenbaugh
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello,

We are in the process of renovating the downstairs of a small rectangular townhouse with living room window South and kitchen slider North. LR and kitchen are separated only with bar height breakfast bar so ceiling paint should be the same. We have painted LR with Behr Gray Shimmer, a light silvery gray with blue undertones and kitchen walls are BM Healing Aloe. All baseboards and door trim is a bright white that comes on the PVC Composite moldings. We didn't paint that since we like it the way it is. However I'm stuck on what white for the ceiling. The flooring is mid-toned pine with some grayish tones mixed with medium brown.

We are scraping off the popcorn on the LR ceiling and painting both ceilings before we lay the flooring. The kitchen cabs and counters are at this time a medium oak and counters an ugly light butcher block laminate. Both will be replaced next year but in the meantime I want to get the painting done and flooring down. The unit is only about 450 Sq ft bottom floor so I'd like the ceilings a softer white than the bright trim but not quite as mellow as the BM White Dove. Was thinking maybe BM White Heron or Simply White would be OK with both wall colors? Just don't know, we get minimal light in the kitchen.

Comments (6)