Cuisinart Combo Steam & Convection Toaster Oven
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (26)
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Do you have this toaster oven - Cuisinart TOB 30BC
Comments (1)You can buy a Cuisinart TOB 195 at Costco for $99. The TOB 195 is considerably better than the model 30. The 195 usually sells for $140 and up elsewhere....See MoreBreville Smart oven or Cuisinart 300N combo steam/convection oven?
Comments (8)Have you seen the long running threads about the Cuisinart on eGullett? Part 1 (Dec. 2013 to Oct. 2015) Part 2 (Oct. 2015 to now) Near as I can tell, there is a negligible difference in actual capacity between the original CSO300 and the new "N" model. The "300N" has a redesigned (removable) water reservoir for the steam function (removable to make it easier to clean). Also, the "300N" offers the convenience of a specific setting for "steam clean" (as opposed to running a steam cycle in an empty oven on the plain "300" model.) Seems to me the older reviews will be equally applicable to the newer "N" model. I have a smaller kitchen but have been tempted by the optional steam oven functions of the 300N. Tempted mostly because Costco.com carries it. Same price (and free shipping) as Amazon. The attraction being the Costco absolute satisfaction guaranty --- if you don't like it, return it for a full refund at your local Costco. Re your question about getting both the BSO and CSO: I see no reason for that. My take is that the tradeoff between the models is that the Breville SO has more capacity (i.e. will fit a standard ¼ sheet pan) while the CSO offers the option of steam oven functions (but still functions with the regular small oven functions you get with the Breville.) My hesitation has been that the capacity of the CSO (which I saw at BB&B) seemed a bit smaller than I wanted. Very much a YMMV thing, though, as indicated by the enthusiasm in the eGullet threads....See MoreReplace Microwave/toaster oven with speed oven/convection microwave?
Comments (22)So, make a niche(s) with the proper electric service and size to have a built-in put in if you really need it to sell (but I bet you won't)--if you're planning to sell within three years, get the built-ins already, but otherwise, they're going to be just so many used appliances. If yours are truly ratty, you can buy new versions of each. If you WANT a speed oven, and intend to use it as such, that's another story. Go for it! Read through the manuals, etc. But I think you'll find that it's not at all the same thing as your Breville toaster oven. You can use the convection oven settings on a speed oven to perform some of the same functions, but it's a real oven, with limitations, not a toaster that tap dances. I sometimes use my speed oven the way others use a toaster oven--mainly for heating up frozen appetizers or reheating casseroles when other ovens are full, but my old (dead) toaster oven was beloved for making great toast, which a speed oven isn't, and not for other uses. I do zap sandwiches on MW mode, and once in awhile lightly defrost or melt, but if I used a microwave more, I wouldn't have such an expensive machine doing it. I agree with putting enough thought into a remodel that it won't limit resale, because you never know what the future will bring--thus make sure there's place for built-ins to be built into--but unless it's a flip, it should be designed for your own use and enjoyment, and you used the key words "heavily use" and "love"....See Moremiele convection steam oven vs wolf convection steam oven
Comments (10)I went through the same question some years back. Miele has more features for the $$, so I originally wanted that, but at the time they didn't have a combi/convection steam oven that could take 208V (what I had), so I settled with the Wolf instead. And I must say, I've been really happy with it. It works, it's not fussy. Yes, it doesn't have the color swipey screen the Miele has, but I'm not convinced I miss that all that much. Would I like a broiler? I think so, as it is something I use, but I do have another big oven with the broiler (that unit almost always takes a backseat to the convection steam unit) and I can use that when I'm broiling something, so it's not too bad. I've kept tabs on the Miele, and I've discovered that considering that if you don't get a plumbed unit, the Wolf is more forgiving than the Miele on how much water is in the tank (I'm pretty lazy and never fill it up all the way, and the Wolf lets me still use it as long as I have enough water). If you really want to go into the details about adjusting settings, moisture level, turning on upper element broiler, you'll want the Miele, but if you just want to use it, I think you'd like the Wolf. I certainly don't regret having to "settle" for it at all....See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN APPLIANCESFind the Right Oven Arrangement for Your Kitchen
Have all the options for ovens, with or without cooktops and drawers, left you steamed? This guide will help you simmer down
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Range and Oven
Experts serve up advice on caring for these kitchen appliances, which work extra hard during the holidays
Full Story
LIFECalming Tempests in Teapots and Toasters
When is an appliance not just an appliance? When it’s an expression of love and compromise
Full Story
HOME TECHCook Smarter With New Wi-Fi Kitchen Gadgets
Whip up meals with high-tech help, thanks to a phone-connected oven and teakettle, plus a web-surfing cutting board
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES25 Design Trends Coming to Homes Near You in 2016
From black stainless steel appliances to outdoor fabrics used indoors, these design ideas will be gaining steam in the new year
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNStandouts From the 2014 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show
Check out the latest and greatest in sinks, ovens, countertop materials and more
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESInterior Design Trends Expected to Take Hold in 2018
Get the lowdown on the colors, materials and other design decisions gaining steam now
Full Story
HOME TECHTop Kitchen Innovations From the Latest Fairs in Milan
Microkitchens, concealed burners and new oven technologies are some of the surprises for 2018
Full Story
KITCHEN ISLANDSKitchen With Double Islands Pleases a Baker and a Smoothie Maker
With multiple refrigerators and ovens, this space easily accommodates a couple of cooks and their guests
Full Story









ci_lantro