SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aznmidude

Need help finishing our kitchen!

Jason
6 years ago

My wife and I are in a dilemma! We cannot decide upon what color to choose to paint our cabinets (and flooring color). We had preliminary plans going forward, but are now second guessing ourselves and cannot come to any decision. We need help!

Here is our kitchen, we decided that we were going to keep our black appliances (came with the place), so all our initial decisions revolved around that. So next, we chose our grey quartz countertop to go with that. Here's what it looks like now:

What we would like to do next, is to paint our cabinets as well as change the flooring. We were initially going to go with some sort of white cabinet color and medium grey LVP flooring to tie things together. However, my wife feels that white cabinets would not look good because a) white and black is too much of a contrast, and b) the wall paint (almond-ish color) would not go with white.

Now my wife is thinking a dark brown color, but as you can see, the kitchen space is kind of small and closed off and I worry that any dark paint will really make the space feel claustrophobic. We are having so much trouble! Please give me some good ideas to help us bring this kitchen together!

Comments (34)