SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teaka123

Keep me sane! Selecting finishes for exterior/interior door hardware

teaka123
6 years ago

Going through a large remodel and am stuck now with selecting finishes for my interior and exterior doors and have got myself going in circles on what finish(s) to select.

House is smallish and the style is a modern beach cottage. Nothing too modern and nothing too country.

Exterior of the house light fixtures are selected and are in oil rubbed bronze. My front door will be painted a teal color for the exterior and white shade in the inside. Back door in the kitchen is a dutch door and will be will be the same colors as the front door.

Interior Hardware on kitchen range (BlueStar) is mixed stainless steel and brass (a polished not brassy brass). I love the two tone. Kitchen cabinet knobs and pulls are the same shade of brass. Appliances and sink are stainless steel.

Interior Master bathroom and laundry space have chrome fixtures. They will have pocket doors.

Interior Entry will have two closets with pocket doors. Entry light fixture is small and will have a little brass with walnut. Fireplace surround in the living space is ORB bronze.

I would love to find door hardware with a split finish so that I could do all ORB on the exterior and then all stainless steel/chrome or brass for the interior.

I will need hardware for my front door, kitchen (dutch) door, and five pocket doors though the house.

My husband will send his thanks for keeping me sane!

Comments (2)