SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cobbla

Exterior color selection

5 years ago

Hi! We moved into this house and are anxious to update the exterior colors ... e.g., the shutters, front door/entry way and possibly trim. We wouldn't mind changing the actual stucco colors later on, but for now, we just need a face lift before all new landscaping goes in this spring.

One thing to solve for - there are 4 skinny posts at the front porch. I want those to fade away from view as much as possible. Those were a poor design choice in my humble opinion.

Our thoughts on color are something charcoal (with either an olive green or blue-ish undertone) for shutters. I love houses that have dark trim around the windows(?), and I am strongly considering painting the panes surrounding the front door a matching color to make the entry stand out a bit more. Maybe keep a red-ish color door? FYI We are painting the entire interior as well. The window trim inside is "almond" everywhere, and I plan to paint all of that white, so there is a consideration here for the mullions from inside and outside.

For those more color savvy than me... your recommendations please? Sorry it wasn't a bright sunny day for better viewing...

For a peek inside for style, here are also a few pics of the kitchen, master bath and entry stairs remodel underway - still work in progress - The stairs will have a white riser when finished and the floors are medium brown stain.

Would love to hear some different perspectives!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County