SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kris_dow

Do you miss a storage drawer on pro-style ranges? Bluestar, etc.

KD
6 years ago

I'm looking at options for replacing our horrible gas range. High on the list is a pro-style range like a Bluestar or Capital, with open burners, 36". However I notice they don't seem to have the storage drawer underneath as a lot of other ranges do, and I wonder if I would miss that for storing the larger trays and pans that would fit in the oven.

Am I missing a model that has a drawer also? Or do people have some other clever solution to the problem? My kitchen does not have a lot of cabinet space as it is so I don't really have a spare cabinet I can devote to cookie sheets.

I'm open to other suggestions also - I'm looking for 6 burners, decent power, good oven. Occasionally I ogle a Lacanache but it seems like the burners are kind of low power relative to what you can get in a Bluestar or similar? I'm leery of ending up in the situation I have now with a basic residential range - came with the house - where I use one burner ALL the time because it has a lot of power, two rarely, and the simmer burner NEVER because it's so low power it's pointless. I may ask if they have anyone local who has one I could look at, though - the style would REALLY look good in the house. (1930s, which we are gradually redoing trying to be sympathetic to the age of the house.)

Comments (16)