SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coriegagliano

Engineered hardwood floors restoration

Corie Gagliano
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have br111 prefinished engineered hardwood floors that are completely worn and dull and all around horrible looking. Several years ago I applied a product that restored the soft sheen and greatly improved the look to almost new. Problem is I forgot what I used. It was a trial and error process back then so here I go again. out of my cabinet I first try the Johnson liquid wood floor polish. Fail. Removed it with water and ammonia mixture. Second I tried murphys wood floor polish. Fail. Removed with water and ammonia mixture. Last came the pledge wood floor restorer. Looked terrible but by now I’m exhausted and so are my poor floors. A week later I removed that the same way. The last possibility was the Johnson paste wax. So I figured that must be it and on a test patch it looked like the answer. So I proceeded to do the entire floor. Horrible terrible huge mistake! I used dawn liquid in warm water on a scrub brush and made a huge improvement but the floors still look terrible. Mineral spirits on a test area seemed a little aggressive. I need serious advice. I fear my floors are ruined. If I manage to completely remove the wax, what do I put on these floors to restore the subtle sheen?

Comments (5)