SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tippield

Stuck on layout options for large entryway - Awkward window placement

TLD
6 years ago

Stuck on the best layout for this large entryway due to the awkward placement of the window (not centered on wall and goes down pretty low). I'm not planning on keeping the pictured console table, so it's truly a blank slate. Few details:

-Long wall is about 124" long

-Window is 36" wide and not centered on wall

-From floor to bottom of plantation shutter trim is 29.5"

I've been given lots of conflicting advice:

Option 1: place a large leaning wall mirror on the larger wall to the left of the window, place a small console table to the right of the window near the door

Option 2: place a medium-sized console table on the larger wall to the left of the window (like the one currently pictured), with a round mirror over it, and then a plant on the floor to the right of the window with a small, square picture over it

Option 3: Don't put anything there since it's not a focal point when you enter the room

Option 4: Long console table that goes under the window, with a tall lamp to the left of the window and then a tall vase or tree to the left of the console table. This is the option the previous owners used (pic attached). If I go this route, I was thinking this console table: https://www.perigold.com/furniture/pdp/thomas-bina-cube-console-table-rsde1137.html. It's almost 72" long and 28" high, so it would go right under the window

Option 5: ????

Comments (19)