SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nafnaf12

Hardwood flooring

Naf_Naf
6 years ago

We are buying a house that have outdated tile and carpet. I plan to change it and the new flooring will be mostly hardwood. The home was built in the 80's and is a ranch with a nice layout.

Resale is important as we will be in this house for about 6 years. I do not want it to look too traditional, I also do not want it too trendy (that's why I need to stay away from grey, which I love).

Is there a width that can be considered too wide? My ideal plank is 7". Is 10" too wide or better for a specific application? What do you thing of the mix of different widths? I am thinking a medium color that is not too red. I love dark but I do not want the home to be too dark, plus the wood furniture I have is dark and I prefer some contrast. What do you think will look outdated in 6 years?

We probably will go with engineered floring. Is there any advantages on going with solid?

I apprecite your thoughts or comments, feel free to post your favorite hardwood flooring and if you found a very reasonably pricef flooring with good quality.

Thank you

Comments (11)