SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anomoley

White Kitchen - Brass Hardware Advice?

anomoley
6 years ago

Hello Everyone!

We're refinishing our oak kitchen (repainting cabinets white); our countertops are black and are staying.

The current hinges are burnished brass and have to stay for two reasons... (1) we aren't changing the doors and can't bore new holes into these due to the fact that the current hinges are demountable and there are already holes in the doors, and (2) these particular hinges have been discontinued, so there is no way to replace them with another color or type of hinge.

Knowing this, and the color scheme of our kitchen, what would your advice for the rest of the hardware be?

I like the look of warm gold toned hardware, but not sure what type of bronze I should be seeking out for pulls if we head in that direction. There are so many different types, and I want to avoid that dreaded 80s look.... any advice as far as brass finishes that will look updated?

Also, what shapes/styles of pulls should I be seeking out if I do go with brass, to avoid a dated look? The home is transitional in style.

Any thoughts/advice appreciated, thanks in advance for your time. :)

Comments (3)