SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
importhatch

Glyphosate Front Lawn before reseed

Yager
6 years ago

I have been in my current house around 2 years. The front yard was a DISASTER when I moved in. It has come a long way but I feel I am spending so much time and money to try to get rid of the various types of grass, fine fescue, tall fescue, crab grass, weeds, clover, creeping bent grass etc. I have 2 plans, let me know what you think.

Front Yard is about 3500 sq ft

1.) Spray Tenacity and see exactly how much bent grass is in the yard, kill any other sort of unwanted grass with glyphosate, scalp lawn, dethatch, aerate, overseed, top dressing.

2.) Spray entire front lawn with Glyphosate, scalp, level some low spots, dethatch, overseed, top dressing.

I really want to do #2 so I can just start fresh and have a lawn that is consistent. I have no problem maintaining it once it is established but battling all these other factors is extremely time consuming.

Can I get away with killing the lawn and just scalping and bagging it before I over seed?

I'm just tired of all the inconsistent grass in the yard and I feel like the constant struggle revive it is more work and $ then just redoing it.

Comments (7)