SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klem1

No good deed goes unpunished

klem1
6 years ago

July 9 2017 I commented on PKponder tx's post intitled"Have you ever relocated a Black Widow". I said I pardoned a couple of large snakes then went on to say if DW ever saw them I would have a problem on my hands. Well I have a problem on my hands. This morning when DW let our 10LB Shi-Tzu out the snake was against front porch and hit the dog before she was completely off porch. No pardon this time. Turned out to be a Cottonmouth and our baby is in the hospital receiveing anti-venom. $3k up front to get started and they will let us know later how,much tissue is damaged and what will be needed to address that. Self professed experts say poisonous snakes are reclusive and unlikely to hang around human activjity. I'm thinking in the future I'll put the wammy on anything I can't get a good look at and only those that show themselves get pardons after I deem them harmless. I highly recommend those unable to tell the difference research until they can. Reading is good and nothing beat's comparing types at the zoo.. What I used to make identification. Black with faint pattern,very muscular for leingth,indentures between eyes and nostrils,one continuous scale from one side of belly to the opposite side and prominent fangs. I intentionally avoided damaging head but determning shape of eye pupil eluded me. My worst fear was confirmed by swelling before reaching vet then a few hours later when they called with update. DW is a wreck.

Comments (21)