How did you choose your current read?
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (21)
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
How did you choose your 2nd floor washer? (Samsung or Bosch?)
Comments (5)I did get a Samsung because of it's vibration control feature. I'm not on a second floor but was so afraid about problems with durability that I read about with essentially all other brands that I also installed a second subfloor of 3/4 inch thick plywood over my existing floor. I then used hardyboard with thinset under it and under the new tile I installed. That has been totally sucessful to date. My washer is about 2 years old now. I do have a lot of quibbles about Samsungs design in other ways. Sometimes get pretty frustrated with the instructions and their computr controlled energy saver water rationing expecially....See MoreHow did you choose your username?
Comments (120)Although I'm kind of a rare poster, I'm here all day, every day. I came by this wonderful forum by way of Southern Living boards and someone I remember as Hanart....I think maybe for her kitties? I'm not sure...but I was so SO glad she told me about this forum!! I'm "Gigi" to my grandbabies....and there were 7....well, now we're expecting #9! Guess that's what happens when you have 5 children and they are all close in age...gee whiz, I'm "only" 56 years old! AND two of the kids aren't even married yet.....oh, my. Christmas is pretty expensive...and loads of fun! If I could figure out the whole picture thing, you all would hear a LOT from me...oh, my real name is Kathy and I live in the Texas Panhandle. Lynn, I always think of you in NM as we frequently visit Santa Fe...would love to have a second house there! This is a fun thread!...See MoreHow did you choose your shingle color for your house??
Comments (24)Ok roof guy coming on Friday morning (finally). We don't do a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g fast around here. We mull it, consider it, linger over, wait and wait and wait. But usually we like the end product. Anyway, I'm looking at two colors on the Owens Corning site called Estate Gray and Williamsburg gray. The roof guy said we can choose from Certainteed or Owens Corning colors. All you guys who used Certainteed's Colonial Slate, does it have a lot of pattern to it? Any help or thoughts are much appreciated!...See MoreHow did you choose your master bedroom furniture?
Comments (6)I LOVE your room. The colors make my heart happy. Mine's a collection of stuff. We had, a long time ago, an entire set of waterbed stuff. I was certainly ready for a change. I bought the headboard and shelf after my mom died. It was a last present from her kinda thing...the pieces came from a craft fair. I drooled over them for afew months before I finally brought them home. The chair is my 'run away from home' chair. As a homeschool mom sometimes I had to get away without living home. I have flowers and a birdfeeder out the window. There are no frou-frou window treatments. I'm not a frou-frou girl. Everything in the room has been collected over time. I couldn't bring myself to buy a matched set either. I needed personality....See More- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

ARCHITECTURERoots of Style: Where Did Your House Get Its Look?
Explore the role of architectural fashions in current designs through 5 home styles that bridge past and present
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLEver Found or Left a Note in the Wall the Way This Couple Did?
The remodeling couple whose note from previous homeowners went viral tell us about their fun find. What’s yours?
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNCurrent Events for Traditional Kitchens
Breaking with tradition is a good thing for kitchens stuck in yesteryear. These 10 contemporary updates will help you leave the past behind
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘They Did Not Have a Throwaway Mentality’ and More
Houzz articles about Fred MacMurray's farm, sci-fi style, hoodoos, and 31 true remodeling tales struck a chord this week
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNDreaming of a Spa Tub at Home? Read This Pro Advice First
Before you float away on visions of jets and bubbles and the steamiest water around, consider these very real spa tub issues
Full Story
LIFEWhat You’re Reading This Summer — and Where
Check out Houzzers’ summer reading lists and get some ideas for your own!
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhere Did You Stay During Your Remodel?
Did you live through the noise and dust during your project, rent a place or camp in your backyard? Tell us your story
Full Story
HOME INNOVATIONSConsidering Renting to Vacationers? Read This First
More people are redesigning their homes for the short-term-rental boom. Here are 3 examples — and what to consider before joining in
Full Story
netla