SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrienne_gray4748350

So how in God's green earth did you choose your cabinet hardware?

Adrienne Gray
13 years ago

We're in the final planning stages of the kitchen for our new home (anyone else living with a spreadsheet?) and we've got almost everything nailed with just a couple of variables. Except for cabinet hardware. That's because I haven't got a clue.

I keep studying images, trying to figure out why the exact same style/placement does it for me in some kitchens, but not others.

The kitchen design has one foot in Christopher Peacock Scullery land, and one foot in 60's Danish Modern land. White shaker cabinets with slab drawers. The island cabinets will be white under marble slab, though with stained walnut support and legs. The main wall has glass cabinets with a classic x face design, only the moulding making the x's will be a contrast walnut. Double 30" Stainless Freedom Columns as well as a stainless 52" hood over a 48" stainless range.

Internally I fight the battle between classic and modern, so I love the idea of well-thought juxtaposition as much as I fear it. Part of me wonders how long bar handles will look. Part of me wants to do tiny cylindrical pulls. The rest of me wants to bury my head in the sand!

I see some kitchens with polished nickel hardware, some with chrome, some with stainless - and I get so lost.

So how did you choose yours, and knowing what you know, what would you say to us? Does hardware truly make or break, or does it really just go away?

Comments (13)