SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie1000

How many years before your bathroom looks dated?

debbie1000
6 years ago

We did a major remodel of our 1988 master bath in 2005. We were thrilled, even our realtor neighbor said "this room will sell your house." We had no intention of selling but 12 years later our "dream bathroom" is looking tired.

One trendy thing we did was faux painting the walls to give it a Tuscany look. I now want to change it to light gray which is a little tedious as it is a large room but one of the easiest things to do.

It is pretty traditional and everything I have done in our home since has been very contemporary. I know what changed that--the first flat-screen tv we got! After that, everything was contemporary. So I think it's a combination of 12 years plus a change of my style.

I have traditional cherry cabinets and brushed nickel "busy" fixtures. The fixtures could be changed but probably won't. Will just do the paint (DH will go nuts over this!!) and a few decorative items. That should spruce it up.

So anyone have a remodel that was done around 10+ years ago that is looking tired?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!