SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

I couldn't believe my eyes!

marilyn_c
6 years ago

I posted yesterday that Mary seemed to be in a coma. I was sure she was dying, but she didn't appear to be suffering, so I didn't try to help her along. I had cut off about 12 inches of a pair of pajama legs, so I slipped her into one of them....like a sleeve to keep light shut out and in case any flies got in the house, she would be protected. I could tell at a glance, she wasn't moving.

I read where a couple of people here expressed hope she would live. I thought..."nice people at KT, but dead is dead."

I was busy until I went to bed at 1 a.m. I didn't check on her again but could see she hadn't moved.

This morning, I stumbled into the kitchen and did a double take. The sleeve was empty and she was in the back of the crate, asleep on some t shirts I had put in there.

I got her out and she seemed almost back to normal, growling and biting. My partner had given me a tube of grape flavored pedialyte, so I reconstituted it with water and fed her with a dropper. Got her to drink as much as I could. Later gave her more. Tried a little while ago to get her to drink some milk but couldn't get her to take much, so left it in a dish for her.

What I think happened: I think she ODed on the Ivermectrin. I only gave her a drop but it was in the concoction I tried to put on her wound. She wiggled and it was real liquid-y and got it all over her leg and she licked it off. I made it to go on Val's summer sore....which involves flies laying eggs,..unlike what I would normally see as maggots. He was treated at the vet but I made this really strong and I put it on all of his cuts, scratches.

Anyway I have such an aversion to maggots...it is the worst thing I have to do. I was in such a hurry to get them off of her, I didn't consider what might happen.

So she is alive. You could've knocked me over with a feather. I don't know if she will live. I am busy all the time. I don't need the added hassle of raising a baby raccoon, but this is what I do...take care of hopeless case animals, so one more won't matter that much in the long run. I'll keep you posted! ;)

Comments (35)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH