SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craving94509

Looking for lawn care plan approval

craving94509
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello there,

First time post for me so I hope I do not break any forum rules. I like in Katy, TX (Houston Area) and have approx. 4000 sqft. of lawn. I must admit I have not given our lawn the attention it needed. The house is 3 years old and the until 2 months ago we did not have an irrigation system (other than me moving the sprinkler around). We now have a very nice zone to zone system and I am very excited to take on my Bermuda grass as a new hobby.

The grass is very green now but is completely infested with various annual grassy weeds (i.e goosegrass, annual bluegrass, crabgrass) are most prevalent. The grassy weeds probably consume 40% of my overall grass in various locations.

I have let my lawn service go in place of me doing all the lawn care. I just bought the Ego 56v mower, trimmer, blower and hedge trimmer to allow me to control all aspects of my yard maintenance. I plan to mow frequently and short (1" -1/2")

I have come up with the following schedule and wanted to get opinions on my plan.

January Milorganite Organic Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer (5-2-0)
36 lbs. front 72 lbs. back yard
February Prodiamine 65 WDG Generic Barricade 65 WDG
2 tablespoonfuls or 1oz. per gallon 80% of 1 gallon on back yard 20% on front yeard..
March Lesco 15-5-10 Texas Turf Fertilizer
25 lbs. or 1/2 of 50 lb. bag to cover all areas
April Milorganite Organic Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer (5-2-0)
May Scotts Turf Builder Bermudagrass Seed - 5LB
Distribute 5lb. Bag. 3 lbs. back yard and 2 lbs. front yard
June Prodiamine 65 WDG Generic Barricade 65 WDG
2 tablespoonfuls or 1oz. per gallon 80% of 1 gallon on back yard 20% on front yeard..
July Lesco 15-5-10 Texas Turf Fertilizer
August Milorganite Organic Nitrogen Lawn Fertilizer (5-2-0)
September Prodiamine 65 WDG Generic Barricade 65 WDG
October Lesco 15-5-10 Texas Turf Fertilizer

Comments (4)