SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdfunk

Help with a lawn care plan

BDFUNK
11 years ago

I having been doing the do it yourself plan for the last five years with minimal results. I do have more grass then weeds but my lawn is not lush and green like I want it to be. I put a patio in last year and have some areas I need to re-seed and get some grass growing in. I also need to tear up some yard to put an underground down spout in and then replant seed there. My problem is I need to get grass growing pronto but also need to get control of the weeds that have begun to spring up. How can I plant seed and get the weeds under control at the same time? I also have an area in the back of my yard where my dog urinated and have patches of dead grass. What can I do with those? The area around the pee spots is the best looking grass in my yard and grows faster and greener then anything else in my yard. The rest of my yard is still brown looking with some green coming up, like the dead winter grass still there. My neighbor down the street says he used trugreen the last three years and has the nicest lawn on the block, fully green now and not 1 weed I can see in his yard. Please help with a plan I can use to get that same lush green grass without it costing a fortune. I have shaly soil with mostly fescues. I can post pictures if that would help, let me know.

Comments (2)