SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hesterjenny

Help! A lawn care company treated my chemical-free lawn in error.

Jenny H
7 years ago

What action can I take to reverse the chemical assault? What actions are reasonable to expect of the business owner? How long will this one-time treatment be dangerous to my children's health?

Yesterday, my entire backyard and a portion of the front were treated, in error, by a lawn care company. They sprayed Pendulum (pendamethalin), Vessle (2,4,D, propionic acid, dicambia combo) and colored dye. I have three children ages 5-months, 3-years and 6-years. For many years, our lawn has been managed by a natural lawn care company. A week ago, the natural company laid a corn gluten treatment for pre-emergent. I witnessed the other company's lawn care worker REMOVE the natural lawn care company's signage from my lawn to begin treating the front. I stopped them, but unfortunately, they had already treated the back yard. Another sad piece to this story is that we have a day-old wooden play set in the back. I am not allowing my children on the lawn. (But the company told me it would be fine for them to play in 2-4 hours. I don't buy it.) What can I - what should I - do about this?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath