First time I've seen this at the store :)
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (110)
Related Discussions
Indoor Seto with Bug Problem I've not Before Seen
Comments (3)The things crawling around are light to medium brownish and terribly tiny. Couldn't make out body parts with a magnifying glass. They move very, very, very fast. A search on the net came up with a description of crazy ants. Never personally seen ants that small though. They are quite sensitive to movement and scurry fast to avoid being squished. They don't seem to travel in lines. I purchased Terro last night and they seem to ignore the traps so far. Used orange oil hoping it was a barrier but nothing seems to be coming from the windows. Also heard baby powder was a deterrant; put some on the sills just in case. I will try the good grade DE. As you can see, I'm desperate to get rid of these things and hoping to avoid repotting again so soon! P.S. Rizo - I hear you are an insect genius!...See Morefirst year I've seen so many yellow pine needles: Van der Wolf a
Comments (4)thanks for the info Ken and bunkers. The top of my Vanderwolf is all green, in fact most of it is. Thanks very much "ken_adrian for the link! I've never seen so much as a brown needle on the Vanderwolf so it's shocking to see bright yellow all-of-a-sudden. The yellow needles do match my gingko leaves though ;-)...See MoreWent to a store for the first time in a long while
Comments (13)Fence is up! Decided to put it in in the front side of the house. More sun. I was going to eventually cut down some tree limbs in the back but not supposed to be getting my saw until the end of the month. I ordered it about a month ago! I realized this afternoon that a big part of where I was going to put the garden out back didn't get a lot sunlight. So just decided to put it on the side of the house instead. Only thing growing over there is a holly bush that is getting out of hand and over hanging honeysuckle and grapevine that the previous owner planted. It's all up in the big tree that hangs over my fence from the neighbors. The girls are going to come back and cut it down sometime. I got the front flower garden planted with mostly marigolds my daughter picked up on her way over here. I asked for 20 plants and she picked up about twice that much-lol. But that's okay will put them in with my vegetables too. They're coming back early tomorrow before the rain to help me finish planting everything else....See MoreFirst time I've ever seen my father's father
Comments (23)Great photo - does it have a date on it? I have photos of all four great grandparents on my father's side and of three on my mother's side. My father's great grandparents on his father's side had oil portraits of them painted before they left Prussia in the mid nineteenth Century (around 1843), and these were hung in my parents' house when I was growing up. We had other family portraits as well. To me, these were a bit creepy when I was a child. My great-grandfather had his portrait painted as well, but someone else has this. Several other remote ancestors of my father's had portraits painted, and I have seen them online. These were on his father's mother's side and were English/Anglo. Ancestors on my father's side did not have hard lives (although they may have made others' lives hard), but some on my mother's side may have - I know less about those ancestors. My mother's grandparents on her mother's side were immigrants from Germany, and her mother did not learn English until she was seven. Her grandfather was a furniture maker, and I have some pieces that he made. He died in 1942 at 89, but his wife died about 20 years earlier, and so my mother never knew her....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agoUser thanked Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

CONTAINER GARDENSPatio-Perfect Berry Bushes Like You’ve Never Seen
Small enough for pots but offering abundant fruit, these remarkable bred berries are a boon for gardeners short on space
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESRadiator Covers Like You’ve Never Seen
From custom to DIY, these 10 ideas will help the radiator blend in, become a storage standout or both
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREGet a Perfectly Built Home the First Time Around
Yes, you can have a new build you’ll love right off the bat. Consider learning about yourself a bonus
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES10 Easy Edibles for First-Time Gardeners
Focus on these beginner-friendly vegetables, herbs, beans and salad greens to start a home farm with little fuss
Full Story
FEATURESA First-Time Mom Finds Life Remade in the Family Cabin
Living in a strange, new and confining space unexpectedly shapes a writer’s experience of becoming a mother
Full Story
LIFEWorld of Design: Discoveries of 10 First-Time Homeowners
See how people around the globe have shaped their starter houses and made them their own
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Eclectic Repurposing Fits First-Time Homeowners in Utah
DIY projects using reclaimed materials add rustic style to an open-layout Salt Lake City home
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
MOST POPULARA First-Time Buyer’s Guide to Home Maintenance
Take care of these tasks to avoid major home hassles, inefficiencies or unsightliness down the road
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
cooper8828