SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Went to a store for the first time in a long while

Kathsgrdn
4 years ago

First one was Tractor Supply. Lot of people there. Besides the workers I saw no one wearing a mask. No compost to be had so I bought a bunch of topsoil. Went to Ace Hardware after and got some compost. Only person wearing a mask was the cashier who checked me out.

I did wear a mask and a woman looked at me when I walked in, she was in one of the lines and she smiled. I'm assuming it was because of the mask? At least no one coughed on me on purpose. I don't think most people realize it is for their benefit more than mine that I was wearing a mask.

I was going to go next door to Tractor Supply for toilet paper but there was a line outside. They were only letting a certain amount of people in at once. I looked on- line for toilet paper at Costco, still nothing but the giant industrial rolls available. Walmart's site you have to buy in the store. I still have a little left, but the rolls are smaller than I normally buy so they go faster.

My car is loaded down (literally) with topsoil and compost. The girl at Ace Hardware looked at me like I was crazy when I bought 30 bags of manure. It barely fit in the back seat of my car. The trunk was already full of top soil.

I came in to eat a banana and drink some water before heading out to work on my garden. I also bought a huge tomato plant at Tractor Supply. A friend/coworker brought me a Mr. Stripey from Lowe's too the other day because I wasn't planning on plant shopping for plants.

It's a beautiful day today, sunny and nearly 78! Going to rain after this for a long stretch. Hope you all have similar weather and are enjoying it!

Comments (13)