SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frugaljon

hello from a first time poster long time reader

frugaljon z8 UK
9 years ago

Hi there, have been a long time lurker on this forum but felt compelled to write today and say hello. The reason being is that I saw a quote on a Facebook thing that was doing the rounds. It read.
"Anyone can love a rose, but it takes a great deal to love a leaf. It's ordinary to love the beautiful, but it's beautiful to love the ordinary."
I know that this is ultimately not about flowers or leafs but it got me thinking about hostas eventhough they are far from ordinary. I just wanted to share it.

Anyways, I'm from over in the UK an i've slowly been falling in love with leaves and getting hooked on hostas over the last few years but due to trying to move house my first few hostas never went in the ground, then the deal on the house fell through. I didnt want to buy too many hostas for my garden before moving and another summer passed. Then we eventually did move, but to a garden that is small but took me all summer and autumn to clear so a slow but steady series of purchases have meant I have got a small collection of hostas and I am ready to give them their first home as their bed has been prepared and I am just waiting for spring to come. Some of my earlier purchases like frances Williams, blue flame, patriot and twilight have really never flourished and have been neglected, but this year they will get lots of attention as they go into the ground and hopefully I can get some pictures up to show you their progress one day.

I already have a planned layout in mind and must thank you all for the information I have read on here in educating me for my first proper year as a hosts grower. I am ready for spring, just a bit too early really.

Bought a lot of hostas reduced at the end of the summer so now have
Frances Williams
Blue flame
Twilight
Patriot
Guacamole
First frost
Fire and ice
El nino
Risky business
Halcyon
Whirlwind