SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosiegolden

Need help with paint color: Benjamin Moore White Sand

rosiegolden
7 years ago

I am considering painting the walls of my living and dining rooms Benjamin Moore White Sand. For months now I have been in the very slow process of redecorating, changing the effect from a very 90s French Country feel to a more sophisticated, transitional feel. (At least, that is the goal.) Since I have a limited budget, I have been acquiring and getting rid of furnishings through Craigslist.

The cheery yellow walls must go!

The rug in the living room, and similar ones in adjoining areas, are below. (Other photo below shows rug in a nearby area.) Furniture is oatmeal, taupe, muted green. Overall the feel is fairly muted, with color in the throw pillows and accessories (rust, mustard). See fairly recent LR photo below. (Blue throw on the arm of the chair doesn't stay there, color doesn't work with the rest of the room.)

I am considering BM White Sand because it is neutral and allegedly a warm tone, a "greige" with a beige undertone. But, I put a sample swatch on the wall yesterday and it looks a bit cool to me. I had considered BM Edgecomb Grey, but I think I like the lighter effect of White Sand.

My real hesitation is the undertone, because the room in question is overall pretty warm.

Has anyone used this color? If so, do you consider it warm, cool?

Would you recommend it for this room?

Thank you!

Comment