SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southernstitches

Green undertone on wall paint - help!!!

Mary
7 years ago

I want to use "Palest of Lemon", a Farrell Calhoun color, for my north facing, VERY cool light living room. I know most of you aren't familiar with that brand - it's a regional brand that is high quality.

The LR has very cool natural light - including a Solatube, which gives off a blue light. During the day on my painted big swatch board it looks great, but at night with the warmer artificial lights, it shows it's green undertone.
I'm wondering if installing cooler temperature bulbs might help. I wouldn't think blue would cancel green, but maybe I'm wrong.

If there's another very light color from SW or BM with a LRV in the 60's or 70's that reads tan with no green undertone, please do let me know - I'll have them copy it! I really need to use this paint brand, as it is a VERY good regional brand and my budget allows for it.

I don't have any furniture in there yet. I know I should wait till furniture is put in but we just cannot do that. I have taupe sofas and navy recliners. Nothing green in décor will be placed in there. This is just showing greenish with only the brown wood floors.

Comment