SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowers_here

Help-white cabs have a green undertone that I don't like!

flowers_here
12 years ago

After eight years of planning and saving, my new creamy white cabinets were delivered last week and I'm not fond of the color. I paid the manufacturer extra for a color match to my trim paint (BM Opaline) but the color doesn't really look the same. It does in a general way, of course, but the undertone of the cabinet color is green while the undertone of my trim (and other paint/furnishings) is pink.

I approved a sample color that was fairly close to my trim color but not quite as pink. I wasn't totally thrilled with the match but the designer was pressuring me to decide on the color before I left for vacation in August. The actual cabinets are even less of a match. A representative from the cabinet company thinks they all look the same and is refusing to change them. The differences are subtle when you look at the colors up close but are more pronounced when you look at the big picture. The cabinet color looks terrible with the paint I have in my foyer and dining room and I really don't like it - there's no harmony at all! To change all of my paint in the other rooms means that my sofa and curtains may need to be changed, too, since they are all in the "champagne" color family - pinkish undertones. Even my 10-year-old DS can see the difference!

The installers just arrived to install the cabinets even though I told them that I'm not happy with the color and I don't want them installed. Would you give in or would you push to have them redone? Would you agree to pay for the change or would you ask them to split the cost? Am I crazy to care about the undertones when the colors are close? I can't believe this is happening when I paid for the color match to avoid this very problem (I'm a color-sensitive person)!

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH