SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1212dusti95

Did I hire the wrong realtor?

Terri Griz
7 years ago

Our house was listed slightly less than two weeks ago. During this time, we have had two showings. We are right in the middle of Phoenix, not a remote area.

The agent is a top producer, and he has many listings. I'm starting to think he is spending time on his million dollar homes, since he turned me over to his assistants. I was concerned about having only two showings, since the first two weeks are important. I emailed him, with no response.

We are on a busy street, but the price reflects that, and in an area of 600,000 plus homes, the listing price is in the low 5's. The house is very clean and nicely staged. The only feedback I've managed to get is that people don't like the busy street.

I'm wondering how difficult it would be to try and get out of the contract. I looked it over and the only provisions were that he is allowed to unilaterally break the contract for something illegal. Couldn't find anything about the seller breaking the contract.

He might suggest just lowering the price, but first I'd like to make sure the house has been fairly marketed. I think his more expensive homes take up his time, he was always happy to contact me until the house went up, now he seems to have disappeared. I contacted him about doing a brokers open, no response.

I'm anxious to sell and start the out of state moving process which will be a lot of work, but at this rate, the house could be sitting for months. Friends and family have said, this is the way top producers do business and he just wants a quick sale with a house that is priced low. At the beginning of the listing, I suggested he price the house 25,000 more than he did. I wanted to price it fairly and there is still room to come down.

I'm thinking a realtor with less listings and more time to devote to this house would have been a better move. Should I try to break the contract, or hope things improve? So far, I'm very disappointed.

Comments (14)