SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyramos98

New house - Please help me spruce up my kitchen

Nancy
7 years ago

We just moved to a new house which is 15 years old. I loved the kitchen in our old house where we lived for 16 years. It had white cabinets, multi neutral colors travertine subway tile backsplash, granite countertops that co-ordinated with other elements of the kitchen, stainless steel appliances (basic GE ones). It was a modest kitchen but I loved it and everyone used to compliment how nice it is.

The kitchen in our new house is quite large, has "high end" appliances and features I never knew existed or was not used to. But for some reason I'm not in love with it appearance wise. It looks bland to me. I don't dislike it either. Maybe it is the missing backsplash? The stark contrast in color between the walls and cabinets? No pendant lights above the large island? I am not a big fan of black granite, but changing it is not an option.

Here is how it looks (listing pic):

Or is it just that I am used to a certain look in my old home and haven't adjusted here?

Any suggestions you have for me to bring warmth to the kitchen? Appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Comments (18)