SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Ugh, can this just stop!!! Please!?!?!

Texas_Gem
7 years ago

I just need to vent for a minute, feel free to ignore.

So, in April my husband had a retinal detachment, but not your normal, run of the mill detachment. No, his eye decided to go crazy and have a giant retinal tear that required 2 separate eye surgeries and months of healing; still in the "healing, we won't know the final outcome til later" stage.

Then in May my oldest becomes so ill that her body basically shuts down and goes into starvation mode; after a litany of tests, all the doctors can say is, "our best guess is that some virus caused her regulatory system to shut down. We aren't actually certain but we can't find any other cause and she is now improving so...meh"

Now it's June and apparently my 3 year old baby was on the Universe's docket. She woke up in the middle of the night and crawled into bed with us.

Not uncommon in the slightest, all of our kids have done it.

Around 5 am hubby wakes up to her horrid screams. She was laying very close to the edge and must have rolled over and fallen off the (low to the ground, platform style) bed.

He consoled her and got her back to sleep but when we woke up a few hours later it was apparent, something was wrong.

Her early morning roll out of the bed resulted in her breaking her left clavicle in half!!

Can this just stop!?!?! Please?!?!?!

I KNOW I made a joke a few weeks ago about having already met our deductible and out of pocket max on the insurance so if anyone needs surgery, can we do it this year...it was just a joke Universe. Seriously. Leave my (formerly healthy, no hospital visits ever) family alone OK?!?!?!

Rant over. I know it isn't the universe or karma or any other such nonsense but seriously...this needs to stop. :(

Comments (27)