SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

Changed Routers, now printer won't print

ritaweeda
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My PC is 10 years old (Vista Home Premium OS) and I'm going to be getting a new laptop as soon as I decide which one, I'm probably living on borrowed time here but I plan to still use it along with the new laptop as long as it will run. My son suggested I get a better wireless router, and an external hard drive for the stuff on the old computer in case it does crash and burn. So I bought a Linksys AC1200 and hooked it up. But although it appears I got the connection to the printer ok, it's not printing wirelessly. It will print manually but not from the PC. It's an Epson Workforce 633 (older). It worked fine on the old router so I've done something wrong. Linksys won't help me. Do I have to re-install the printer hardware? If so do I have to uninstall it first? I really need to have my printer available. Since I don't have any other wireless device I can't tell if there's a problem with the router or not. I just remembered to add this, when I go to print something off the pc, the print job shows up on the que, that's why I'm thinking it's connected enough to talk to the printer, but it just sits there and never prints.

OK, I just learned something else, I printed a report from the printer on the network connectivity and it came out saying everything's ok, network is working correctly, except that it says the following:

"a router/access point channel conflict has been detected. If you have problems printing, etc., improve your wireless network environment." What does that mean??

Comments (4)