SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Help me find a shoe-storage bench for foyer

Tmnca
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I got rid of the hall tree with a storage bench int he bottom, it was Home Decorators and not holding up well. We need a new bench to sit on while putting on shoes, and to store shoes in. Preferably hidden (chest-style or even better would be drawers) because our foyer is really just a hallway open to the living room and kitchen.

The size should be 42" - 52" long and 12" - 18" deep. An upholstered top would be nice, but we could add a pad if we found something we liked. Our style is sort of transitional, kitchen right beside the foyer is Ikea and our cabinets and furniture are all "black-brown" (like a dark expresso) walls are all BM mascarpone (warm white).

It can't be taller than bench height because it will sit in front of doors to our utility closet (doors are about 18" off ground) and there is a return air vent below the utility closet doors so having feet would also help - we want to screen the vent from view without blocking airflow. The ikea show cabinets would be great but too tall for the space.

I'm thinking maybe Ikea Besta storage benches, with drawers might work...

Comments (6)