SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21884067

El Nino hit yet...?

User
8 years ago

...it appears to have done so over here... with major flooding in the north of the country, although poor flood defences partly to blame... something needs to be put right with that.. but it's being blamed on the El Nino phenomenon too...

...storm after storm where I am, but no flooding so far... fortunately we have a flood wall protecting the town from the tidal river, which can rise as much as 20 feet, is deep and fast flowing... they raised the wall in the past few years which we are told should protect us for over 100, maybe 200 years, as it allowed for global warming... but I wouldn't be too sure about that...

....I've just been reading of major flooding in South America too....

...a side effect for me with all these storms, is that on my house walls I have green algae forming, quite a bit actually and I've never seen this before on my walls.... well, mostly on the front wall which faces the road.... I have a special cleaning fluid which I can spray on, but nevertheless, another chore I could really do without...

...to cheer myself up, I feel I need to order 3 more roses.... I've had enough... best wishes, and hope all is well with you all... wherever you may be...

Comments (13)