SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresa6

Furniture arrangement for special needs teen

theresa6
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My 16 year old daughter has special needs (physical and medical) and uses a wheelchair. I'm trying to figure out the best placement for her bed and other furniture in her room. Her bed is a hospital bed and I hate it up against the wall like this. I can't access both sides to change the sheets or attend to her personal care needs. Not to mention that her blankets and sheets always rub up against the cellular shades

In the next few months The two doors in the corner will be removed as one is a closet that will be converted into a shower and one is access to the garage which will be closed off.

To the left of the dresser is the door to the room.

Once all the modifications are complete i will paint trim white and paint her walls gray. Of course there will be more artwork and mirrors and things on the walls and the room won't feel so bare.

I need to be able to get her wheelchair around easily and comfortably in the room. Any ideas on placement of furniture and bad in here to help create a nice flow? I really want to move her bed away from this corner.

And also it would be great if I could leave the TV somewhere around where it is because that's with the cable hook up is. My husband does not want to drill into the floorboards to make another hole for cable somewhere else.

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH