SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dandylioness

Loving my Lady of Shallot + tips on another peach DA

She's still pumping out these beautiful blooms and it's November! But of course, this is California, aka the garden of Eden :). This is my first DA and I am much obliged to everyone here who enabled me to go with Lady of Shallot. I'm growing her as a climber, attaching canes to the east side of a wooden fence. As soon as I got a little lazy about that she threw out some LONG canes in the opposite direction of the fence--I can't imagine growing this as a bush unless you have a LOT of space. I need to take a picture because she does look a bit comical out there in the garden, but I just haven't had the heart to groom her on account of the luscious blooms that accompany those canes! This is her second year in the ground and she is HUGE (canes are about 8 ft long) and has put out bloom after bloom since spring. The blooms are not very large and only last a few days, but since she repeats fairly well and since I am in love with the color and shape of the blooms, I don't mind. The foliage is quite resistant here as well. So here's to enabling you!

Would also love to add a couple apricot/peach non climbing roses to the East side of the house. Looking for a similar color or something that would go well with the above photo. We have HOT summers here with many days in the triple digits, but this location will get morning sun and then be sheltered. I'd like something with a nice bush shape and am looking for 1 or 2 David Austins (or something with that petal packed look).

Comments (27)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals