SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

November 2015 what looks good/bad/great in your garden?

grant_in_arizona
8 years ago

Okay, locals, hold on tight as we're in for a roller coaster weather wise this week, hah. 80's early in the week, 60's mid-week with a chance of rain, then creeping back up to 70's afterwards. Now WHERE did I put those sweaters from last winter, hah?

Anyway, what looks good/bad/awful/wonderful in your garden?

I planted some commercial geraniums a bit early so they went from looking bad to looking good and will soon be great, hah. I always jump the gun a bit early but I get excited! The first flower buds burned up in the early October heat but now they look great.

Other things that look good, this little crowded SW corner of my garden. The citrus gets automatic irrigation once a week, but everything else only gets hand watered by me, and even then not very often!

Speaking of crowded, hah, here's one of several VERY crowded plant stands on the covered patio, with Wilson the tennis ball to show relative size.

I love how the leaf edges on these Bryophyllum bipinnatus (formerly Kalanchoe) get darker and darker through winter. It's a fun plant that makes babies along the leaf edges but ONLY when you snap/cut a leaflet off of the main plant. I bought the original as a single leaflet as a for-sale-to-tourists during one of my earlier trips to Hawaii and really love it. There it's sometimes called a "mother plant". Fun either way.

Okay, your turn, let us see/hear what looks good/bad/awful in your November garden! Happy gardening!

Grant

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery