SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grant_in_arizona

January 2015 what looks good/bad/awful in your garden?

grant_in_arizona
9 years ago

Hi everyone,

First off, if you pour over my posts over the years here and on FB (99% of what I post on FB is plants/garden, so friend me if you won't get bored with that, LOL), you'll see I've never really complained about heat.

That means I get to complain about this cold, LOL, and I HATE it. Hah. So far my little garden hasn't been hit with frost, thanks mostly to a very sloped topography in my part of town, but we'll see how things look by the weekend, hah!

In any case, here are some things that look good (again, let's check back in 48 or 72 hours, LOL).

My variegated "sea hibiscus", Hibiscus tilliaceus that I planted as a very small rooted cutting a few years ago. I gave it a haircut this autumn to make it tree looking more than blob looking. It's definitely a gamble here, but so far it's done great for four years now:

{{gwi:2122573}}

And NO, those aren't weeds, hah, they're desert bluebell seedlings (Phacelia campanularia) mixed in with some oxalis that I'm cultivating. Sheesh! :)

Despite the chill, I was still able to get out and (mostly!) enjoy the garden this morning, including a VERY chilly, but delicious, 'Ruby Red' grapefruit right off the tree. I had to engulf mucho coffee to stay warm though, hah! You can see from the pic even the petunias and nasturtiums and pineapple sage as still looking good, even if not exactly GREAT.

{{gwi:2122574}}

If Jack Frost hits me tonight, I may be posting lots of what looks awful pics, LOL.

Okay, YOUR turn, what looks surprisingly good, or surprisingly bad, or expectedly good or bad, in your garden? We love updates, pics or not.

Happy gardening,
Grant

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics, so far, LOL, only one day from my garden Jan 2015

Comments (23)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus