SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nankmoss

Help us change colors of this pink house-please!

nankmoss
8 years ago

This is a long post--just want to provide lots of information but hope it isn't confusing.

We moved into our home recently in the Central Coast of California and liked everything EXCEPT the pink exterior, so are planning to repaint it. We live in a development of Mediterranean style homes and we need to stay in the family of colors already established in the neighborhood. Warm pastels are the standard, and while some homes are painted in neutral beige/taupe tones or white/cream, there are no gray (with blue tones) or cool colors on the exterior walls of the homes.

The roof reads overall as a light gray/taupe. It is the Santa Clara Blend by Hanson Tile (2nd photo). FYI, the garage doors are painted metal. The shutters are wood, and I am considering adding hardware. The windows are white clad vinyl ones, and I wish we had a darker color, but I have noticed that the white is not as bothersome on neighbor's homes that are painted in lighter shades.

Landscaping: I also think we need additional landscaping near the entrance to balance things where the blank wall to the right of the entrance is. And we plan to ;in the drive with a plants too. In general, we will be adding plants and getting rid of the amount of grass. We will add some large pots near the garage.

Lighting: We will add larger light fixtures, maybe darker ones.

Please help us a choose a new color scheme. We would consider a treatment that would add character, giving the effect of a lime wash for instance.

THIS IS OUR CURRENT PINK HOUSE:

This is the roof color, although there is a little more variation in it than the photo on a monitor shows. The blend seems to vary in the colors of gray/taupe and a color that leans toward rose/taupe.

Here is an example of the same floor plan painted a neutral color. We can't do this exactly because the two homes on each side of us on painted in similar colors, but I like the look overall, and the white window frames look better here.

We are considering something along these lines--what do you think?:

The following photos give you an idea of the color palette in the development. We don't want to use too many colors, but prefer a more subdued, classic look.

Many thanks for your ideas and input!

Comments (22)